Monday 25 August 2008

Inspiration

I must admit, I am one of those people who is inspired frequently but very rarely follows it through! I start on projects and don't always finish them ..... there, I've admitted to it!!!
My inspiration at the moment is British History.
I have been avidly following 'The Tudors' on TV and it has thrown up many more questions than providing answers. I know it is a drama based only very loosely on fact, (and it's American!) but it is absolutely fascinating! I have embarked on a bit of personal research into the 'proper' history of the Tudor line just to better understand who is who and where they all fit into our incredibly complex past. I now see where the Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth debacle originated from, and also where Ann Boleyn came in to the picture.
To me, having a sense of place, of fitting, of belonging is important. Whether this be a knowledge of my own family history or of my country's - it is all part of it. I know to 'live for the moment' is healthy and that you cannot change the past ......but an appreciation is good,don't you think?
All Hail our Kings and Queens - past and present.

No comments: