Sunday 20 January 2013

New Life

Where to start? I havent been in the right frame of mind to Blog for quite some time. Life has been difficult, upsetting, challenging, enlightening…….I could go on but you probably get the picture?! My husband, Steve, died one year ago on his 51st birthday, January 18th. I won't go into details right now but he ended his own life after a long battle with PTSD and it's associated mental health problems. I am still geographically where I was before. My home has become my sanctuary - a place to find peace and stillness and allow my thoughts and feelings to flow. I still have a dog. I rescued a spaniel, called Peggy, last summer. She is hard of hearing so we get on really well as she can't hear me moaning!! No more allotment, no more chickens, no more bees. I lost the heart for a lot of the lifestyle that I had before. It was a life I shared with Steve and felt too painful to carry on alone. But, all is not grey and miserable, you will be glad to hear! I have had plenty of time now to evaluate my life and am beginning to see a path forward. I'm not sure exactly where it is taking me and that does make me nervous. This blog is now a diary of my life 'going forward' - God how I hate that expression!! :-) The title 'Scrumptious Pumpkin' comes from Steve's nickname for me and from our dream of buying a canal boat and giving it the same name. I dedicate this Blog to Steve, Breaca and Gwyn, all in the Summerlands together. Look after me in my journey and don't laugh at me too much. See you again one day xxx

3 comments:

Bits 'n' Peters said...

Well done on resurrecting this. I'll be having a good old nose later on. I'll cross link from my feeble effort

Unknown said...

Looking forward to reading more =) I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through but you are such a strong woman. Hugs to you and log th name =) x

Tim said...

Great to see you blogging again!

'Going Forward' indeed :-)

Tim